Event Cost: 102km (R330), 64km (R240)
Location: Durbanville Race Course, Durbanville
Distance: 102km, 64km
Online entries close 06 February 2017 at 23:00
Start Time: 06h00
- Cyclists leave Durbanville Racecourse and follow a quiet route through Durbanville to exit via the Wellington / Klipheuwel Road (R302).
- Shortly after exiting the greater Durbanville area, cyclists turn right onto the Lichtenburg Road (R312), pass Fisantekraal and cross the R312/R304 “fruit sellers” 4-way stop.
- The R312 now climbs towards to the R44 where cyclists turn left towards Wellington and left again at the Windmeul Winery (note route change) onto the 1st Voor-Paardeberg Road. This scenic route takes cyclists through the local farming community, past the Boland Agricultural School and Perdeberg Winery. Continue straight and then left onto the Malmesbury Road (R302).
- Turn right at the Klipheuwel silos, right again onto the Philadelphia Road, pass the Adderley Road (M58) turnoff and then left onto the Van Schoorsdrift / Old Malmesburg road.
- Turn left onto the N7 (caution, traffic for 2.6km) and left again onto Vissershok Road (M48). Cross the Malanshoogte / Contermanskloof 4-way stop and face the challenging Vissershok climb, culminating with the King of the Mountain.
- Continue past Meerendal and turn right into Odendaal Street for the last climb up to the finish, followed by a 2 km neutral zone back to the Race Course.
Start time: 07h30
- Cyclists follow the 102km route up to the R312/R304 “fruit sellers” 4-way stop at which point the 64km route turns left onto the R304 towards Malmesbury.
- At the Klipheuwel silos cyclists turn left onto the R302 to join the 102km route for the last 38km to the finish.
Additional notes Mid race cut-off Time: 11h00 Mid race cut off Location: Adderley Rd (M58) & Philadelphia Rd (R304) T-junction Race cut-off Time: 13h00
- Potholes on Van Schoorsdrift Road will be suitably repaired for cycling conditions.
- Road closure on Vissershok Road (M48) has officially been applied for.