Event Cost: Various - see below
Location: Highland Gate Golf and Trout Estate, Dullstroom;
Distance: 205km in 22 hours
The Recce MTB Mission is a MTB endurance event designed and presented by former Recces. Riders have 22 hrs to complete a gruelling 200 km MTB route with almost 4,000 m of vertical ascent.
• The event starts at 10h00 on 11 March 2017 in the Dullstroom Highlands area of Mpumalanga. The 1st riders are not expected to finish before ~20h00. 2017 will experience a full moon event, but in subsequent years riders will have to deal with a half and/or dark moon.
• The Recce MTB Mission will have a strong Recce flavour, e.g. ex-Recces involvement, equipment,
apparel, food, etc.
• The maximum number of riders is limited to the number of qualified Operators in the history of the
South African Special Forces, i.e. just more than 1,000.
Entry Options and Costs:
Recce MTB Mission “Heavy” Solo:
205km, 22 hours to complete, R1500 per person
Recce MTB Mission “Small Team” (2 Riders):
205km, 22 hours to complete, R3000 per team of 2
Recce MTB Mission “Assault Team” (3 or 4 riders):
205km, 22 hours to complete, R4000 per team of 3 or 4
Recce MTB Mission ” Jammie – Relay Team” (3 Riders)
205km in relay, 22 hours to complete, R4000 per team of 3
Recce MTB Mission ” Jammie Solo”:
80km or 140km, R1000 per person
– Hydration and ratpacks at (some) check points
– Marked route (all turn offs), electronic maps and route instructions
– Technical support & crate delivery at CP2 & CP4
– Medical rescue support on the whole route
– Uniquely numbered Recce MTB mission dogtag to all 22/200/4000 “survivors”
– Jammie dogtag to other (solo & relay team) finishers
– Hambuger and free craft beer back at Recce Base
Accommodation option (Select during entry)
– Exclusive 2 nights military style accommodation package at Fort MTB at R1050 per person.