Event Cost: R2700 per rider (R5400 per team)
Location: Rhebokskloof Wine Estate
Distance: Day 1: 60km, Day 2: 40km
The historic town of Paarl will again come to a veritable standstill on 18 and 19 November 2017 as residents and riders turn out for the fourth annual Sanlam MTB Invitational. The incredible Sanlam Invitational experience is available to 300 public teams on a first come first served basis.
Presented by the City of Drakenstein and ASG, the event has become a sought after property over the past four years. It’s one of the most iconic events on the national racing calendar.
It is really something special and a unique opportunity to traverse the beautiful Paarl Mountain on a saddle.
The first stage consists of a tough 60km journey circumventing the entire Paarl Mountain while the second stage is a more manageable 40km – covering a shorter loop on the mountain.
The Sanlam MTB Invitational is staged in one of the most beautiful and unique areas in South Africa, covering the best possible MTB terrain, coupled with warm hospitality and excellent food.
Paarl is located 50km from the Cape Town CBD, which places it within a comfortable travelling distance with easy airport links. The travel and accommodation hassle factors are therefore minimised.
The two-day multi stage Sanlam MTB Invitational affords amateur and professional mountain bikers with a passion for the sport the experience of a lifetime.
During the Sanlam Invitational riders are treated as VIP’s and they have access to world-class hospitality at waterpoints and at the Rhebokskloof race village.
A unique feature of the Sanlam MTB Invitational is its 5 Star rated Race Village at Rhebokskloof, which will add a unique upmarket status to this event.
- Appropriate ‘vibey’ music and the option of an indoor (Rhebok Function venue, if it rains) or outdoor (lawned amphitheatre, if it’s sunny) option where all riders can enjoy their lunches;
- Massage therapists are on hand to massage tired legs;
- Top-quality start/finish shoot;
- Easy access to parking, entertainment and restroom facilities;
- Spectator-friendly area;
- Bike-tech area;
- ‘Upbeat’ entertainment and an MC to keep everyone excited;
- Lovely shaded lush lawns with eats and drinks where a big screen projects pictures and footage of the day’s action; If it rains, the event easily moves indoors, as outlined above
- Photograph area where you can order pictures that were taken along the route.
- Secure bike park
- Free bike wash – bikes will be returned to the bike park after washing, ready for riders to collect the next morning to tackle stage 2
The entry package is R2700 per rider (R5400 per team), which includes a pair of Rudy Project Spinhawk eyewear for every rider, a full set of Ftech Sanlam event kit (bib short and jersey valued at R2700) and a Columbia T-Shirt, as well as daily breakfasts and lunches.
The basic entry fee excludes accommodation, but includes breakfast and lunch on both days.