We’re looking for an intern to work across Bicycling and Runners World.
The position is based in Cape Town. An active personality (runner or cyclist) will fit best.
The position of Marketing Intern is primarily responsible for assisting the marketing department in the development and execution of reader and sponsor communications.
• Assist in acquisition, communication and execution of prizes for readers.
• Support customer communication and logistics for events, trade shows, mailings and related activities via telephone and email.
• Assist the Marketing team with the implementation of a complete marketing program and marketing initiatives. Specifically, the Marketing Intern will be required to help write and design marketing materials, which include but are not limited to articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, and monthly company newsletters.
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
• Advanced research skills.
• Good analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality.
• Strong organizational and time management skills are critical – must adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
• Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
In addition to the specific skills listed above, we also seek someone with the qualities listed below:
• Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations.
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors.
• A self-motivated individual who can work under stress and meet deadlines.
• An absolute commitment to customer services.
• A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles.
Sound like you? Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com