The Tour de France is coming to South Africa in the shape of L’Etape South Africa. In May 2017, the premier amateur road cycling event will grace the shores of SA.
The L’Etape South Africa event will be operated under professional race conditions and will replicate a stage of Le Tour de France. Up to 5,000 amateur cyclists will be invited to participate in the race with riders competing for the legendary Tour de France yellow, green, polka dot and white jerseys. The date & venue of the race will be announced when entries open.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries for L’Etape South Africa open on 8pm on Tuesday 22 November 2016 and will close on 28 February 2017. The total number of entries is limited, so please enter early. Participants can choose to enter as individuals or as teams.
Individual Entry Cost: R990
Team Entries: Teams may enter L’Etape South Africa as in Le Tour de France. Teams for L’Étape South Africa will consist of six riders. Teams of more than six riders may enter the team competition however, only the first six riders’ times will be counted towards the Team Prize.
Team Entry Cost: Team Entry (team of 6): R5700 and R990 for every additional team member thereafter.
Included in your Entry
- Race registration
- Fully closed roads
- Le Tour de France professional race conditions
- Timed Race
- Official L’Étape T-shirt on registration collection
- Team Area (to be set up at team’s own cost)
- On route support, including medical and mechanical support
- Three Feeding Zones with food, water, toilets, medical and mechanical support and transport for riders and bikes for those who wish to stop riding
- Two Drinking Zones
- Timed Sprint section
- Timed King of the Mountain section
- Race Finishers Medal
- Pasta Meal at end of the Race
Interested individuals are encouraged to subscribe for more information via the official L’Etape South Africa website www.letapesouthafrica.com. Further information on L’Etape South Africa 2017, including entry details and the race route will be announced in late November.