Drop kilos, gain energy and ride faster with our simple weight-loss plan. Download and stick it on your fridge. Results guaranteed. By Megan Pentz-Kluyts, Registered Dietician
It’s simple. Lose weight and you will ride faster. Easier said than done we know. To kick-start your weight-loss, here is a two-week eating plan that is easy to follow and requires minimal preparation and planning.
Disclaimer: * This mealplan has been compiled by a registered dietician. Should you have any pre-existing medical conditions it is recommended that you always seek medical approval before embarking on a weight loss and exercise programme.
*This mealplan includes muffins. Click here for the recipe
Tips To Getting Started
1. Eat frequent meals. Research shows that if you eat regularly and distribute your food over 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day you are able to lose more fat, stay leaner and maintain a healthier metabolic rate. TIP: set you mobile alarm to help get you into a routine of regular eating.
2. Choose to sit at a table and eat your meals and snacks with minimal or no distractions. TIP: if your couch is your favourite spot – not a problem, just switch off the telly while enjoying your meal.
3. Aim to drink sufficient water a day. The Nutrition Centre of the University of Stellenbosch highlights that although most people are familiar with the general recommendation for adults of 8 glasses of water per day, no single formula fits every individual or every situation and water intake recommendations also depend on other factors such as activity, humidity, climate, body temperature and body composition. TIP: Keep a water bottle in the car. Aim to start drinking at least 2 glasses of water/day and use a water bottle. Increase your intake of water by one glass every 5th day, till 8 glasses a day.
4. Plan a day in advance for greater success. TIP: Remember it’s what comes into the home that matters. Always shop with a shopping list. Eat before you shop. On one day a week take 7 zip-lock bags and pack in your daily snacks – store these bags in your fridge, ready to grab and run!
5. If you are already on a fitness programme, continue with it and step it up a notch. For those who haven’t been cycling or exercising regularly, consult your doctor before starting any exercise programme.