Power Puff: Ultra-Easy Coconut Macaroon Recipe
Whip up these calorie-packed ride treats in 25 minutes
When you are deep into a ride and on the verge of bonking, you sometimes want more than calories; you need an emotional pick-me-up. These delicious, satisfying macaroons can be just what you need to lift your spirits. This recipe is one of my favorites because it uses simple, whole ingredients and takes less than half an hour. It makes about 24 macaroons.
What you need:
3 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
½ cup maple syrup or honey
6 egg whites (or 3 eggs, if you hate wasting the yolks)
1teaspoon vanilla extract
2 nonstick muffin tins (or a baking sheet covered in parchment paper)
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Whisk your egg whites (or eggs) with vanilla extract until frothy
3. Add in coconut and maple syrup. Stir until the mixture is moist and easy to separate into small balls.
4. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each tin or onto the baking sheet. If you want them to look as good as they taste, shape them into balls that come to a small point at the top. Fancy!
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown
6. Let them cool before eating. Store remaining macaroons (if there are any left) in an airtight container. Refrigerate them and they should be good for a week.
READ MORE ON: featured