ASK BICYCLING: What’s The Etiquette For Rainy Group Rides?
Here are five wet-weather rules to live by:
1) Dress for the conditions. No one likes a whiner.
2) Be prepared for anything. It’s no fun for the rest of the group to wait around in the rain while you rummage through your overstuffed saddlebag.
3) No mudguards? Stay at the back so you don’t spray the group.
4) Give the rider in front of you a little extra space. This will make it easier to manoeuvre around debris and puddles.
5) Brake gently. Rim brakes won’t engage as quickly in the rain, which makes sudden stops problematic.
Want to ask another question? Drop us a line at email@example.com.