FIRST LOOK: Assos MILLE GTS Bib Shorts
Assos has led the way in on-bike comfort for decades, and the next generation of Assos MILLE bib shorts has just landed: the MILLE GTS. The MILLE range brings the best of pro-level comfort to ordinary riders through Assos’ Total Comfort formula; a plush double-layer insert, fatigue-reducing textile, and a revamped fit. The MILLE selection is aimed at pro riders looking for added comfort during training and everyday riders seeking maximum long-distance support.
Assos started by adapting the patterning of its S9 race shorts, using the two-panel “butterfly” lower to smoothly wrap your legs, lock the insert in place as you pedal, and reduce friction with its minimal seams. Above this, its Xbib straps feature calibrated stretch throughout, with the rear section using a single strap to form an A-frame for added stability.
The use of the firm’s OSSIDIA textile – developed specifically from the MILLE GTS platform – strikes the ideal balance between frictionless comfort and muscle-supporting compression. Its warp-knit composition is made with ultra thin elastic yarns for muscle hold, breathability, and a silky-smooth wrap along your low back and thighs. The fit that results is a more responsive, compressive regularFit, ideal for a variety of body types and riding styles.
The heart of the GTS is an all-new insert using a double-layer memory foam construction and honeycomb topsheet. This multi-layered cushioning system provides targeted dual-density structural support for your sit bones, while the 3D top layer and kraterCooler ventilation holes increase breathability for added next-to-skin comfort.
ALL THE MILLE GTS TECH
- OSSIDIA: A 40-gauge warp knit textile, developed for compressive hold and an ultrasoft feel against the skin. 195g/m2, UPF 50+, moisture wicking, built-in minerals for odorControl, freshness & thermoregulation, and extremely durable.
- GTS Insert: A new insert for the MILLE GT line featuring a double-layer, dual-density memory foam construction and honeycomb top sheet—tuned to ensure optimal support and breathability, especially during long rides.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- KraterCooler: System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler.
- GoldenGate: A patented tech feature that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- A-Lock Engineering: c2 regularFit system comprising new textiles and technologies that stabilise the shorts and secure the insert in place.
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort.
- ErgoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
- ZeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- RegularFit: Optimised for total comfort in the riding position, with a more relaxed cut than our second skin racingFit.
- SuperFlat Xbib: A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear.
- UltraLight Leg Grippers: Minimal silicone treatment secures the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
- Composition: 80%PA 20%EA