Saris Rocks Indoor Training With MP1 Nfinity and H3 Double-Act
Indoor training can be a pain, but Saris reduces discomfort with the revolutionary MP1 Nfinity platform; Bolt the firm’s H3 smart trainer to it (or virtually any other trainer), and you get as close as you are likely to come to being out on the road. Just with less rain, fewer homicidal drivers and zero frozen digits.
When you think of riding a stationary bike, chances are ‘movement’ doesn’t come to mind. Sure, you might get out of the saddle, rock left and right to get through a gnarly bit of resistance – but the bike stays still and doesn’t respond to your efforts. The ‘stationary’ part of indoor riding has long been necessary to safely ride a bicycle indoors. The bike locks into the trainer, the athlete to the bike, and the trainer is constructed to withstand – and not budge – with even the hardest efforts. The result is a ride that’s more uncomfortable than it would have been outdoors, and in the end, doesn’t feel much like a ride at all.
Saris MP1 Nfinity Platform
The MP1 Nfinity is hand-made from Birch wood in the American company’s Wisconsin facility, and brings a natural motion to your indoor workout, as it allows you to move about on and with the bike as you would out in the real world. Where many competitor plates only offer side-to-side movement, the Nfinity’s range is multi-directional, for a real-world feel.
Why is this important? Watch yourself the next time you ride in the great outdoors – you are constantly moving about as you corner, brake, accelerate, look around… nothing like the rigid singular position indoors. You only realise how important this constant wriggle when you start getting saddle sores, niggles and injuries after an extended indoor training programme. Plus, ever wondered why you can’t hit your normal monster power at the end of a Zwift race? Boredom is not the only reason… with a rigidly-affixed bike, you simply can’t bring your core, shoulders and arms to the legs-screaming party. The MP1 Nfinity brings all that extra oomph back.
- Nfinity Technology: revolutionary tech that brings movement indoors.
- Movement for All: compatible with a variety of training configurations; bikes, desks and nearly every trainer available. View Trainer Fitment on Platform & Trainer Compatibility.
- Trailblazing: the MP1 ushers in a type of riding never seen or felt before.
- Pure Fun: a responsive, immersive and authentic training experience that’s anything but boring.
- Get Comfortable: reduces pressure on touch points so you can put in the miles.
- Eye-Catching: mix of steel, aluminium and birch compliment most training spaces.
- Personalised Eco-System: put the MP1 at the centre with your trainer of choice to create your ideal training station.
Saris H3 Indoor Trainer
While the Nfinity platform is designed to take the widest range of trainers possible, it makes sense to tie it in with the one it was designed around; the firm’s flagship H3.
When it comes to indoor bike trainers, the most frequently asked question is: how quiet is it? Taking this to heart, our Madison, Wisconsin-based team put this query under the microscope and set a goal to build a trainer so quiet, that the only sound is that of your drive train.
The result? A direct drive smart trainer that touts a sound specification of 59 decibels at 32km/h. In other words, the H3 is five times quieter than previous generations, making it the quietest smart trainer to ever leave the firm’s doors.
Following the Saris direct drive smart trainer legacy, the H3 features the same reliability and durability as its predecessors. Each H3 is made from cast and machined aluminium sourced from America’s heartland. Encased inside are components meticulously calibrated to measure power, speed and cadence, as well as a precision-balanced flywheel – all built to handle 2 000 watts and replicate a 20% climbing grade.
- Quieter Than Ever: all new drive system shaves decibels off previous generations.
- Precise Training: +/- 2% power accuracy.
- Controlled and Consistent: electromagnetic resistance provides a measured workout every time.
- Direct Drive Design: widest bike compatibility and eliminates wheel slips.
- No External Sensors Required: measures speed, cadence and power.
- Seamless Integration: connects to indoor cycling apps with dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth FTMS standards.
- Zwift certified.
- Includes one month subscription to Rouvy virtual training app
Tested to withstand heavy training, the H3’s internal cooling system will keep the electromagnetic resistance system working – and accurate – long after your legs have given out.
- H3 alone @ R19 999
- H3 Ready to Ride Bundle (includes 11 speed cassette, ANT+ USB Stick & Sweat Guard) @ R21 999
- H3 Motion Bundle (includes 11 speed cassette, ANT+ USB Stick & Sweat Guard, and MP1 Nfinity Motion Platform) @ R43 499
- H3 Complete Ecosystem (includes 11 speed cassette, ANT+ USB Stick & Sweat Guard, MP1 Nfinity Motion Platform and TD1 Trainer Desk) @ R49 999