- This event has passed.
The UMKO Adventure
August 17 @ 7:00 am - August 18 @ 12:00 am
The UMKO Adventure is a 2 day MTB ride which takes cyclists on an adventurous journey through the beautiful Umkomaas Valley and surrounding farm lands. The event field is limited to 150 riders, allowing cyclists the space and freedom to cycle at their own pace and take in the breath-taking views along the route. The event aims to promote Richmond (KwaZulu-Natal’s most beautiful secret) as a tourist destination and uplift the local community, while raising funds for Hands for Hope and CHOC.
Why join the UMKO Adventure?
- Exclusivity: Only 150 cyclists have the privilege to experience the beautiful route.
- Breath taking views: Experience untamed nature, with breath-taking views along the route over-looking rolling hills, working farmlands and the mighty Umkomaas River.
- Encounters with nature: If luck permits, zebra, buck, wildebeest and warthogs may welcome cyclists’ along the way.
- Single track route: No need to bump shoulders with fellow cyclists. Most of our route is single track.
- Adventurous terrain: An adventure awaits – the route consists of easy flat stretches along with challenging, technical ascends and descends.
- Safe and secure: At no point are cyclists taken on a commercial road. The entire event takes place in the Umkomaas valley.
- Perfect riding weather: KwaZulu-Natal winters are warm and dry, the perfect riding conditions.
- Impact the community: Engage with our friendly community who volunteer at the event.
- Support a good cause: Support one of our chosen beneficiaries, the Sunflower Fund and CHOC.
Race Fee: Individual: R2 200
Fee Includes all this awesome stuff
- 2 Exclusive days of riding. Our limited field allows riders to tackle the route at their own pace, taking in the breath-taking views of the valley along the way
- 5 Delicious meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Full Race Village including a coffee and cake bar
- A secure bike-park with a bike wash and mechanic support
- A high quality cycling kit bag
- A Sponsor goodie bag
- A race medal