Never Stop Riding With The New Garmin Edge 130 Plus
Garmin’s smallest bike computer, the Edge 130 Plus, could just be the firm’s finest, if you are looking for a hassle-free, basic unit that tracks your every movement without overloading you with distractions and options.
The Edge 130 Plus is Garmin’s newest GPS bike computer that includes state-of-the-art navigation, performance insights and safety and tracking features. Engineered for cyclists, by cyclists, the Edge 130 Plus will not only track a ride, but monitor stats, provide training guidance and more. Ideal for riding no matter the weather conditions, the Edge 130 Plus features a button design and a 1.8-inch display that’s sharp and easy to read.
Make every ride count with Edge 130 Plus. This compact GPS cycling computer shows how far and how fast you rode and lets you sync structured workouts right to your device.
The Edge 130 Plus cycling computer is full of features for every type of rider – from the entry-level cyclist, to the adventurers” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales. “Boasting a combination of performance, navigation, awareness and connectivity features, these new GPS cycling computers make it easy for all riders to take their adventure to the next level.”
Designed for year-round riding, the 130 Plus allows cyclists to sync indoor and outdoor workouts automatically from Garmin Connect™ or other training apps, including TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad, right to their device. During a ride, the Edge 130 Plus uses vital data to provide dynamic performance insights, including VO2 max and heart rate, while the ClimbPro feature lets riders see the remaining ascent and grade for each of their climbs when following a route or course. Whether commuting to work or out riding with friends, built-in safety and tracking features include incident detection, assistance and LiveTrack to let loved ones follow a cyclists’ real-time location and view their entire preplanned course to see where they’re headed.
With features specific to this model, the Edge 130 Plus delivers easy-to-follow navigation as well as key metrics and insight to every rider. This cycling computer is built with purpose in both form and function to help cyclists make every ride count.
Stay on track with the 130 Plus. GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites, plus a built-in altimeter provide greater coverage and more accurate ride data so cyclists know how far, fast and high they ride. Before heading out, riders can plan and download their routes using the Course Creator in Garmin Connect, which uses Trendline popularity routing to provide riders with the best road, mountain or gravel routes that are aggregated from those most traveled by fellow cyclists. While riding, easy-to-read course prompts and a breadcrumb map let cyclists see where they’ve been and where they’re going. At the end of a ride, it will even direct users back to their starting location.
To help cyclists boost their performance, the Edge 130 Plus provides insights such as VO2 max, heart rate, heart rate zones and calories burned. For riders searching for their next adventure, the Edge 130 Plus will keep track of detailed mountain biking metrics, including jump count, jump distance and hang time so they can relive every heart-racing run.
Smart connectivity features mean cyclists won’t have to reach for their phone when using the 130 Plus. Text messages will appear on the device screen so cyclists can view them at a glance and keep on riding. A weather page will display current and forecasted conditions, as well as weather alerts to help keep users from getting stuck in a downpour. When paired with a compatible smartphone, the Edge 130 Plus automatically uploads rides to the Garmin Connect online fitness community and is customisable by downloading configurable data fields from the Connect IQ store. The Edge 130 Plus features up to 12 hours of battery life while using GPS and up to 10 hours when using two sensors.
For added confidence while riding, the 130 Plus is compatible with the Varia line of cycling awareness devices, including the new RVR315 and RTL515 so riders can see and be seen. Using the new Time Trial/Tri Bar Mount makes it easy for time triallists and triathletes to attach their Edge cycling computer and quarter-turn accessories to TT bars.
Edge 130 Plus Highlights
- Simplified, rugged design with 1.8”(45mm) display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- Get training guidance by syncing structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from the Garmin Connect app or other apps, including TrainingPeaks® and TrainerRoad
- Improve your fitness with dynamic performance insights such as VO2 max and heart rate, and manage your efforts during tough ascents with the ClimbPro feature
- Know where you’ve been, where you’re headed and how to get back to start with turn prompts and a breadcrumb map
- Cycling awareness features give loved ones peace of mind; get incident detection and assistance — both of which send your real-time location to emergency contacts — plus compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights
- Know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden with data from GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter
- Track jump count, jump distance and hang time with mountain bike dynamics
- Train when and where you want, thanks to compatibility with Tacx indoor trainers — coming soon
- Battery life: up to 12 hours
- Price: From R3 999