- This event has passed.
24Hours of Oak Valley
Feb 1 @ 12:00 pm - Feb 2 @ 12:00 pm
You have asked and waited for it to return…the 24Hours of Oak Valley event is back in early 2020.
Camp and ride your mountain bike in Grabouw for a weekend with friends and family, while trail runners can join the 12hour.
Riding around the clock in the Elgin Valley with various categories and this year the junior team option is back, where we expect a big competition. Note that VERY limited solo entries will be taken, to increase the team participation.
Only pre-entries taken, so get your teams together and enter this awesome event. There will be food & drinks for sale and the ever-needed coffee stand. The venue is still a favourite with great facilities and beautiful scenery on the route and at the campsite and start/finish area!
E-bikes will also be allowed to join in the fun in their own fun E-class category! The Oak Valley course, with its first half of climbing and the long descents in the second half, is ideally suited to E-bikes.
The event is also a great platform to test these bikes and by introducing rules restricting the number of batteries you are allowed to use, gives everyone to see what the bikes are capable of in real-life application. See the website for the E-class rules.
Format: Ride as many 10km laps as you want or can over 24hours. The trail will keep participants busy with singletrack and jeeptrack sections. The course conditions even changes over night…
Trail runners must run as many 6km laps as they want or can over the 12hour period, ending at midnight.
CATEGORIES for the MTB Relay:
- Solo – One person that rides as much as he/she wants during the 24-hour period.
- Open (single sex) – team of 4 riders.
- Mixed – team of 4 riders (A mix of male and female riders). There must be at least one person from the opposite sex to qualify as a mixed team.
- Juniors – team of 5 riders. All under 18.
- OneFourZero – team of 4 riders. Collective age 140 years +.
- Fun category – teams of 5-8 riders.
CATEGORIES for the Trail Run:
• Solo – One person that runs as much as he/she wants during the 12-hour period.
• 4 Man Team –team of 4 runners
Entries will close 29 Jan 2020 – only pre entries taken!
R2400 (VAT included) per team (Teams of 4 riders / runners and 2 support crew)
R3000 (VAT included) for fun category (teams of 5-8 riders and 2 support crew)
R600 (VAT included) for a solo rider / runner – including 1 support crew