- This event has passed.
Bicycling’s Ultimate Cycling Workshop
Feb 29 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join South Africa’s leading cycling magazine and experts from the Sports Science Institute of South Africa and Science to Sport, for a practical workshop aimed at helping cyclists break through to their next level of cycling. Suitable for all the cyclists wanting to ride longer, get stronger and achieve their goals.
- The Power of the Mind: What’s holding you back?
- Heart rate training and self assessment
- Understanding Strength and conditionning for cycling
- Training with power and implications for fueling
Host: Mike Finch, Editor-In-Chief: Bicycling Magazine
Date: Saturday, February 29, 2020
Time: 8.30am – 12.00pm
Venue: SSISA Auditorium, Sports Science Institute, Cape Town
Cost: R600, including buffet breakfast and goodie bag
Goodie Bag includes:
- Week free access to SSISA fitness centre
- Join a session of Cycling Strength free
- Kauai Bars
- Mestemacher Protein Breads
- Products from Montagu Trusted Quality Snacks
Science to Sport Cycling Coach and PhD candidate within the Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine within the University of Cape Town
Registered Sports Psychologist at the Sport Science Institute of South Africa
Dr. Mike Posthumus
Head of High Performance Centre at the Sport Science Institute of South Africa, Cycling Coach at Science to Sport and Senior Researcher within the Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine within the University of Cape Town
Senior Biokineticist and Consultant, within the High Performance Centre at the Sports Science Institute of South Africa