Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy
Oct 24 @ 7:30 am - Oct 25 @ 5:00 pm
The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy is a two-day mountain biking event always promises to be an exhilarating experience and will take place over the weekend of 24th and 25th October 2020. If you are training for Kap Sani2C or other races around that time, then this must be an event that’s on your training schedule.
his is without a doubt the most popular, engaging and spectacular 2-day event in and around Gauteng.
We are pleased to announce that we now have a new home for The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy in the form of Happy Acres, situated just down from Maropeng near Magaliesburg. It is approximately 10km further down the road, so there is no long drive to the start.
And the weekend caters for riders of all abilities – offering distances from 75km, 45km to 30km.(Note change in this distance)
If you have done this mountain biking event before, you will know that The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy promises a fantastic offering of single track, plus some challenging off-road and, of course, some good technical aspects. But do remember that we call this the “Mountain Trophy” for good reason. It is not all flat. We will be making good use of tracks and trails which have previously been used for private events.
If you are training for the Kap Sani2C or other postponed races, then this must be an event that’s on your training schedule.
MOUNTAIN BIKE OPTIONS
Riders will have the option of competing in four different events, namely:
- The Cradle Mountain Trophy – 75km on Saturday the 24th and 45km on Sunday the 25th of October –
- Stage 1: 75km of exhilarating riding, beautiful views, a few hills and much, much more
- Stage 2: 45km of even more unbelievable riding.
- The Cradle Mountain Challenge – 75km on Saturday the 24th
- The Cradle Mountain Adventure – 45km on Sunday the 25th
- The Mini Cradle Mountain Adventure – 30km on Sunday the 25th (New Junior < 19 category included.)
Entries will close on Wednesday 7 October. No late entries will be accepted.
Entries are now open – CLICK HERE to enter
The event will be a SA Seeding event, and riders will be seeded according to their SA Seeding Index.