- This event has passed.
Darling Hills MTB Stage Race
Aug 30, 2019 @ 7:00 am - Sep 1, 2019 @ 12:00 am
he Darling Hills, 3 Day Mountain Bike Stage Race, will be the first ever stage race to take place in the Darling Hills, and the premier race in the Swartland/ West Coast Area. By providing an exceptional race experience, our mission is to expose participants to some of the best mountain biking in the country, offer sponsors a targeted marketing and engagement opportunity, build tourism in the area and benefit local communities through select outreach programmes. Contributing to charity and assisting local communities is an essential component of nurturing sustainability in South Africa. The main beneficiary of the race will be Swartland/ West Coast SPCA.
Darling Hills MTB have undertaken the exciting task of hosting the Swartland/ West Coast first premium mountain biking stage race, 30 August- 01 September 2019 at Darling Golf Club, Western Cape, Darling. Darling is approximately 70 km north-west of Cape Town. The Darling Hills on the Cape West Coast offers variety, fun, relaxation and spectacular views. With single track, jeep track, farm roads, relaxed riding, technical sections, fast moving terrain, fun, beautiful scenery the Darling Hills MTB Stage Race has it all. The Darling Hills MTB Stage Race is a race over 3 days with 2 stages which includes a prologue and 2 day stages. All stages are compulsory. The race has been registered with CSA (“Cycle South Africa”) and Entry Ninja will be used for race registration.
Race nutrition, water and isotonic carbohydrate drinks are freely available at water points throughout the route. The Chill Zone is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy a cold beer, swap race stories and mingle with supporters and fellow riders after a hard day of racing.
Your entry fee includes:
• Goodie Bag
• 3 days of amazing trails through Darling Hills.
• Prologue and 2 Trail Stages
• 3 meals plus access to chill zone at the end of each stage
• Friday Event Dinner
• Saturday and Sunday Lunch
• Darling Hills MTB Stage Race- Finishers Medal
• Access to all the race facilities and improved permanent facilities i.e. restaurants, toilets, bike wash facility, rider chill zones with Darling Brew Craft Beer etc.
• Professional medical support is included however you will need travel insurance in case of hospitalisation.
• 2 water points along each route with lots to eat and drink. We suggest you bring a long your preferred bars or drinks. You don’t need to worry about going hungry. These tables are well stocked!
• Wife & Kids gets free entry at venues (no meals included)