- This event has passed.
Greyton MTB Tour
Aug 31, 2019 @ 6:00 am - Sep 1, 2019 @ 12:00 am
The Greyton Tour is a non-competitive 2 day MTB stage event. The objective is to give MTBs and newcomers to multi-stage events (NOT NEWCOMERS TO MTB) the opportunity to enjoy a weekend of scenic, fun and non-competitive riding. However, make sure that you are fit as each of the two stages are approximately 50km, mostly on gravel roads (including jeep and single tracks) and that you can, and enjoy riding flowing single tracks.
OUTE INFORMATION AND PROFILE
Both stages of the Greyton MTB Tour now offers 2 options; a shorter and easier route and a longer and more difficult route.
Both stages and routes start (the long route at 8h30 and the short route at 8h35) and finish at Uitkyk School in Greyton
On Stage 1 the short and core loop is 37km long with 570m climbing. There are 3 x longer loops which you can add to the core loop;
- Longer Loop 1 at 13km – distance is 8km & 160m climbing with open gravel & farm roads;
- Longer Loop 2 at 21km – distance is 11km & 350m climbing with technical single tracks;
- Longer Loop 3 at 35km– distance is 3km & 120m climbing with open gravel & easy downhill single track.
If you decide to do all x3 the total distance is 53km with 1200m climbing.
On Stage 2 the short and core loop is 40km with 550m climbing. There are 3 x longer loops that you can add to the core loop;
- Longer Loop 1 at 24km – distance is 15km & 380m climbing with technical single tracks;
- Longer Loop 2 at 34km – distance is 3km & 130m climbing with technical single tracks;
- Longer Loop 3 (the same as Loop 3 on Stage 1) at 38km – distance is 3km & 120m climbing with open gravel & easy downhill single track.
If you decide to do all x3 longer loops the total distance is 57.5km with 1180m climbing.